SOUTHWEST DETROIT RESTAURANT WEEK RETURNS OCT. 4 – 13
The event features nearly 25 participating Latin American restaurants that will each offer guests an exclusive menu of traditional and authentic food selections only available during the promotion
DETROIT – September 18, 2019 – The 2nd Annual Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week (SWDRW) begins Friday, October 4 through Sunday, October 13, 2019, featuring nearly 25 participating Latin American restaurants with exclusive menus designed to showcase traditional and authentic food that can only be found during the week of the promotion. Restaurant attendees will enjoy special dishes and selections from a variety of Latin American countries, including the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Venezuela, among others.
“Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week will offer attendees much more than just an affordable price point since we know that can be easily found throughout our community,” said Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week Event Organizer Monica Casarez. “Participating restaurants will offer guests a truly remarkable dining experience by showcasing an exclusive menu that is centered on Southwest Detroit’s diverse cultures, origins and stories.”
SWDRW, whose presenting sponsor is the Southwest Detroit Business Association (SDBA), will offer participants a wide variety of Latin American restaurants to choose from and experience, including El Asador, offering Chuleta de Borrego en Barbacoa (Lamb Chops in Mexican Barbecue) and Northern Mexican Food, Antojitos el Catracho, known for its cuisine from Honduras and offering Machuca (Mashed ingredients), and Asty Time offering Pescado al Coco (Fish in Coconut) from Dominican Republic.
The 2019 SWDRW participating restaurants include:
- Antojitos El Catracho (Honduras & El Savlador), 4627 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Armanado’s Mexican Restaurant (TexMex & Cuban), 4242 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Asty Time (Dominican Republic), 7340 McGraw
- Camino Real (Jalisco, Mexico), 1100 Central Ave.
- Centro Botanero, (Nayarit, Mexico) 2302 Campbell St
- El Asador Steakhouse (Northern Mexico), 1312 Springwells
- El Barzon Restaurante (Mexican and Italian), 3710 Junction
- El Rancho Restaurant (Mexico), 5900 W. Vernor Hwy.
- El Rey de a las Arepas (Venezuelan), 7701 McGraw St.
- La Palapa del Parian (Jalisco, Mexico), 1628 Lawndale
- La Posada (Jalisco, Mexico), 1930 Springwells
- La Rosita (Michoacan, Mexico), 7849 McGraw St.
- La Terraza (Mexico), 8445 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Los Altos Restaurant (Jalisco, Mexico), 7056 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mariscos El Salpicon (Nayarit, Mexico), 8600 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mexican Village Restaurant (Mexico), 2600 Bagley Ave.
- Peso Bar (Modern Mexican), 2547 Bagley St.
- Pupuseria y Restaurante Salvadoreño (El Salvador), 3149 Livernois
- Rincon Tropical (Puerto Rico), 6538 Michigan Ave.
- Senor Lopez Restaurant (Hidalgo, Mexico), 7146 Michigan Ave.
- Taqueria El Caporal (Jalisco, Mexico), 1414 Junction
- Taqueria El Nacimiento (Jalisco, Mexico), 7400 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Taqueria El Rey (Jalisco, Mexico), 4730 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Triangulo Dorado (Northern Mexico), 8065 W. Vernor Hwy.
For a complete list of participating restaurants, visit www.swdetroitrestaurantweek.com. Menu prices will vary by participating restaurant with some requiring cash-only payments. No advance ticket purchases are necessary.
“Southwest Detroit has long been known as a wonderful food and restaurant destination for residents and visitors in metro Detroit,” said SDBA President Robert Dewaelsche. “We hope this event helps to showcase our rich cultural diversity while encouraging more visitors to explore the area. In addition to our authentic restaurants and taquerias, visitors can find products and services among the more than 1,700 small businesses many mercados, bakeries, merchants, specialty retailers.”
For more information about the inaugural Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week, contact Monica Casarez at (313) 410-1981 or Juan Carlos Dueweke-Perez at (313) 465-5618, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/swdetroitrestaurantweek/ or follow on Instagram @swdetroitrestaurantweek.